Thursday, February 21, 2019

Valentine's Day

Having a Lily Mae in the family makes holidays extra exciting around here. This girl likes to talk about every holiday about 363 days in advance. Needless to say, she was pretty excited for Valentine's Day to finally roll around. This was her outfit for the day:


I think she gets her style from Grandma Shauna :) The morning of Valentine's Day, I got some balloons and a little treat for everyone. I'd never done much beyond a note and some cheese for Brant. It was fun to see the kids get so excited - they carried their balloons around with them all day.


Our family is still working on developing traditions, but we do have one that dates back to 2013 before Brant and I got married. We were engaged and I invited him over for dinner on Valentine's Day. I had a nice table set, sparkling cider, candles - the works. And for dinner, we had grilled cheese and tomato soup. It was the best. We've been doing it every year since then and I love it. Brant always tries to sneak fancier things in, like nice cheese and prosciutto this year. Here's Brant being the grill master:


To top off the holiday (before and after), we got Valentine packages from my mother-in-law and sister. One included these lovely glasses that William enjoys bringing with him when we go out.


May your holidays be fun! (Next up is St. Patrick's Day:))



And... flashback to Valentine's Day six years ago!



No comments:

Post a Comment