Thursday, January 31, 2019

19 for 2019

Our family has a list of 19 things we want to do this year in 2019 (Thank you Gretchen Reuben). Yesterday, we started one of them: "One month with no TV." The plan is to see if we can make it to March 1st :) I've been in the habit recently of doing an afternoon show for Lily and William during Noah's naptime. Tuesday though was one of those days where I felt like I was just missing my kids prime time of life, by trying to get one thing done after another and checked off a to-do list. This gave me a desire to start our screen-free month a couple days early. Wednesday rolled around and I sat down and did art projects with L and W, and today we made a heart shaped piƱata, just for kicks.

The point is, I hope this month of February is fun. I don't think shows are terrible, but I have felt a need to just press the pause button and enjoy this season more. 

Here's to some creativity and lots and lots of books. I think we'll celebrate with some sparkly donuts (again) in a month if it's a success :)



No comments:

Post a Comment