The holidays have arrived! I love this time of year. Last weekend Brant's family gathered in some mountain cabins in Eastern Oregon to celebrate Thanksgiving and his dad's (##th) birthday :) It was so beautiful. It was great to get away from the hustle and bustle of life (and phone service!) and just spend quality time with family, nature and good food. We stayed in log cabins heated by a wood stove. I felt like a real mountain woman as I learned how a wood stove works and helped keep the fire going during the day.
The second day we were there, we received news that it was suppose to snow! That afternoon, a few beautiful inches fell. It felt so wintery and peaceful. The next day and a half was spent playing in the snow (when we weren't eating or napping).
Brant's dad hooked up some sleds to the back of his four-wheeler and pulled grandkids and adults around all day. Lily was on cloud nine. I don't recall ever seeing her so blissfully happy and content. She could not get enough of those sled rides. William enjoyed it for a while until he fell off - then he was done. At the end of the day, Lily asked if anyone wanted to go for one more ride with her. Everyone was done, so her papa (grandpa) hopped onto a sled and Brant pulled Lily and her grandpa around. It was the sweetest thing!
This was our first major holiday since my mom passed away (besides her birthday). I definitely had some teary eyed moments thinking about her. Life is not the same without her, nor are holidays. I'm also lifted though in thinking of her - she was really good at enjoying life and bringing light to those around her.
May your holidays be merry, bright and peaceful.





No comments:
Post a Comment