Time is flying by too fast. Lately, I've wanted to capture moments in a jar, so I could hold on to them forever. Like yesterday, when we got home from my dad's for dinner: William went straight to the water spicket, filled up the green watering can and started watering our two tomato plants. It was the sweetest thing. Brant and I just watched, smiling at each other occasionally as we savored that moment in time.
I hope someday I blog more, if anything, to capture and remember moments.
There was another one of those moments a couple weeks ago. It was a pretty ordinary day, but for some reason, I wanted to go pull weeds in mom's yard. I haven't done that since she passed away.
The kids and I headed over to my dad's house. Lily and William went to play in the yard while Noah and I looked around for mom's gardening tools. I had Noah on a blanket, my gloves on, and was just about to start pulling the first of a million weeds, when the kids and I spotted a dark grey bunny hopping around.
The kids and I followed it quietly, until it settled underneath a green Japanese maple. We sat and watched it for a good five minutes, from just a few feet away. It was the most magical thing. I had never seen a bunny in my parents yard. I told the kids Grandma Shauna must have sent the bunny. Lily's response was that it was Grandma Shauna.
I guess there's a little resemblance there :) We had so much fun watching as he hopped around, munching on weeds. Finally, the bunny hopped up through the yard and to the neighbor's behind us.
I miss my mom so much. I miss talking to her. I miss having her love my kids. I miss her faith and confidence. I miss her no frill, yet full of love attitude towards life. I just miss her.
When mom was fighting cancer, she always used to say she wanted to live to see her grandkids grow up. She wanted to play with them; see them graduate from high school. For some reason, God wanted my mom back home more than the deep desire my mom had to live. I can only assume, knowing my mom, she'll find ways through the years to play with her grandkids. Whether it be sending a bunny rabbit to say hello to them in her garden, or running through the hills with them in the wind at the beach.
Love you Mom. Hugs.






No comments:
Post a Comment