Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Jesus and Band-aids

I had a tender moment with Lily tonight. This past week has been a little rough, so this moment seemed to just glow while it was happening. 

Lily and I were sitting at the piano together, tinkering on the plastic ivories... when she looked up at the Primary Children's songbook that was open, and noticed a little picture of Jesus. She then pointed to his outstretched hands and said "Jesus owie?" noticing the scars from when he was crucified. I replied, "yes, Jesus has owies on his hands." Lily then with a very sincere look on her face asked "Jesus band-aid?" 

She wanted to give him a band-aid -- probably from the Hello-Kitty box of band-aids she got for Christmas:) My heart melted. It's hard to describe how precious this moment was. And what a reminder it was to me of Christ, and the pureness of children. 


Just to top it off, I found this picture from about a month ago, when Lily was playing with the manger scene on the piano. There's little Jesus about to be befriended by a wise man. Christmas may be over, but Christ isn't! I am so grateful for Him, and sweet little Lily. 

Happy New Year.

1 comment: