Friday, April 22, 2016

Friday

Today is Friday... there are so many things I want to remember about life. This is such a neat time of life. Filled with joy and sorrow and faith and dishes. :)

Lily will be turning two in just a couple of months (note how this post was started a month ago - heyo) . Every day, she asks me things by saying a word, or making a certain sound, which I can usually translate into it's full meaning sentence.

"Das? Das. DAAANCE?", is code for "Mom, please play the song Celebrate! by Kool and the Gang again." We have listened to this song probably close to literally a hundred times over the past several days month. For some reason, every time I try to entice her with another fun song from our wedding reception dance mix, she says "uh uh", meaning no, and insists I go back to Celebrate! Upon which hearing, she literally starts to dance. One of these days I will try to be sneaky and capture her cute dance moves where she wiggles her little bum and takes big steps with her legs.

"Nos", followed by a hand raised above her head, is another thing she asks for multiple times a day. "Nos" is her attempt at saying snow, which is code for Once There Was a Snowman song. I haven't been able to sing her any lullaby's for naps and night time besides this song for the past week. And it's not even a lullaby... but somehow it is the sweetest song to her ears.

William is a growing little boy. He sprouted his first teeth (bottom two) at the eight month mark, and loves to show them off with his smile. I haven't captured a picture of that yet, but they are there :) He's not technically crawling, but gets around like he does. I call it the worm. He gets up on all fours, lunges forward onto his belly, and gets up again until he's reached his destination. He likes being tickled and loves to chase Lily around in his walker.

I feel like this is turning into a newsletter... Brant finished his thesis just over a month ago. WAHOO! And we now get to see each other a little more. I'm still burning food and constantly battling some new bug that has decided they want to invade our home (current visitors include clover mites). And, we finally decided to hunker down and buy a dishwasher. We survived a year and a half without one, and figured it was time.

Dishes, work and laundry call.


FHE family photo!

Mr. Long Eyelashes

Flashback to a December photo...

William's high chair (walker) and Lily's high chair

Some day he will crawl...

Lily helping me pull weeds

The new Provo City Center Temple! 

Pizza night 

Buddies

No comments:

Post a Comment