Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Life is Beautiful

Wo it not me, though sometimes the pansy in me feels so. These past few days, I've felt a little overwhelmed with life. And baby number two hasn't even come out yet (one more month!). It seems the days end too quickly and the weeds grow taller, the thistle spreads farther, the basement continues to leak, work remains unfinished, box elder bugs continue to invade our home and Lily's little hands and knees are again black from the un-mopped floor.


What small problems at times weigh me down. We have friends and family experiencing struggles light-years more difficult than these small stresses. Not to mention the wars, natural disasters and other horrendous events occurring throughout the world.

Enough with the downers though. This blog, and this life, I believe, are about finding the beauty through it all.

I feel grateful for the life I have; for the blessings, and the trials that bring me to my knees, and allow me to remember and re-apply the need to put the Lord first in my life. When I do so, my burdens are lighter. When I forget to, I am weighed down.

I'm not sure our 70+ year old home will ever be in perfect condition - and I don't think my 25+ year old life will either. And that's okay. When the stress begins to build, the worries cloud the light - I can go to my knees, wake up the next day and find solace, peace and beauty through it all. Thank goodness! :)

Recap of a summer month:

The flowers at the Payson Temple = beautiful

Lloyd family reunion in Zions National Park

A short visit from Grandpa:)


Sweet Lily Bug
Brant and I in Park City celebrating 2 years!


1 comment:

  1. Just what I needed! Thanks sis for the lovely pics :)

    ReplyDelete