Monday, October 21, 2019

And... They're Off!

An exciting milestone was hit by both Lily and William over these past few weeks - they both learned how to ride a bike! Yay! Watching them ride off into the sunset felt similar to how I felt when they starting walking as babe's for the first time: thrilling.



The kids had a Fall break beginning of October, and helping Lily learn to ride a bike was near the top of the list. On the Tuesday of that week, we pumped up her pink Hello-Kitty bike's flat tire, put on the beloved unicorn helmet from Nana and got to it. I went from holding her handle bars, one handle bar, her shoulders and before I knew it, Lily asked to try by herself. She got it! It was so exciting.



William followed a couple weeks later after my sister lent us a bike they weren't using. I helped William the same for about 5 minutes, but he then declared he didn't want help - and went at it by himself. After a couple of days, he was cruising around. Yay William!



Bike riding is now one of their favorite activities - and I'm hoping that lasts. I love biking. I remember going for family bike rides as a kid, and later longer rides as a teenager/young adult. The next goal is to attach Noah's toddler seat to my bike, so we can keep up with Lily and William :)

Yay for riding bikes! And for the free Hello-Kitty bike left on the side of the road (thank you kind stranger). Nice weather, good sidewalks and a couple years on this balance bike helped a lot too.



No comments:

Post a Comment