Lily just passed her four month mark. Four months!! Time has flown by fast as Brant and I have watched this little bundle of joy grow and grow. I've wanted to document the story of her name, so here goes...
The time leading up to Lily's birth was filled with various baby preparations. Among them was finding a name. Brant and I found out she was a girl in December and soon began the search for what her name was to be. Frequently, I found myself scrolling through lists of girl names online, but nothing seemed to be popping out. I liked Betsy, but Brant wasn't a fan. He liked Gertrudina, but I said no thank you. Just kidding, he didn't say that. But really, we weren't making much progress. Her due date (May 1st) came and went and we were still searching.
We did decide on her middle name before she was born. Mae. We liked how it was her birth month and also her great-great hilarious grandma Lela's middle name. We found out a couple weeks ago, it's also a family name from her dad's side as well. Sweet.
Lily made her debut May 14th. Later that day, Brant and I were in the hospital room talking about her name. He told me the name he thought of when he first held her was Lily. Miracle. That was the name I'd had go through my head during labor the few times I'd thought about her name. Lily Mae Lloyd. We said it out loud and loved it.
And that's how Lily's name came to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment